Re: [Evolution] Order of special folders - move them to the top

On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 16:00 +0100, Andre Klapper via evolution-list
wrote:
On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 08:46 -0600, larry wrote:
On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 13:54 +0100, Dr. Peter Voigt wrote:
There is one slightly annoying thing: I have a lot of different
folders and would like to see all those special folders to appear
at
the top of the folder list. Currently, the special folders appear
in
alphabetical order with one exception: "Inbox" luckily appears as
first folder. In particular I would like "Sent" and "Trash" to
appear
at the top as well. Can this be configured?

Peter, does "Help 🡒 Contents 🡒 Sorting and organizing mail 🡒
Sorting
the mail folder list" help (if you run Evolution 3.42)?
In the most recent version it says that you can change the sort order
of folders under "Folder 🡒 Edit Sort Order…".
Thanks, but unfortunately, I am on 3.38.3 on my Debian Bullseye
machine. I think, there are no more recend packages available for
Bullseye.

Easy. Just make all your special folder subordinate to Inbox.

Larry, that does not answer the question how to move Sent and Trash
the top of the list (plus "easy" often isn't that easy; for example
this might not be about "On This Computer" but about a remote (IMAP)
GMail account with virtual subfolders provided by GMail).

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net