Re: [Evolution] Auto Select First Message in List

On Fri, 2021-07-09 at 13:41 +0200, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Fri, 2021-07-09 at 10:53 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I do have "Show Deleted Messages", yet if I delete a message it
disappears from the list a second or two later (not instantly).

        Hi,
there had been a feature request to support Undo in the Mail view,
but
it was never implemented. One reason is the undo is not a real undo,
you cannot restore to the exact same state when the messages are
moved
around in the IMAP folders (the UID changes, together with the folder
state).

Yes, that's clear.

With respect of the delay for the message move, that can be changed
for
the account. The delay means how long to wait to save all the changes
in the folder to the server. Before this change, the local changes
had
been saved only when moving away from the folder or when using
send/receive or some such moments, which is not practical when the
user
stays in a single folder most of the time.

You can search:

   ~/.config/evolution/sources/

for a .source file referencing your IMAP account. Such file contains
this text: "[Imapx Backend]" (quotes for clarity only). There's a
key:
   StoreChangesInterval=3
which contains a value in seconds. There are special values for it,
the 0 means to save changes immediately, while a negative value turns
the auto-save off.

This worked for remote accounts (IMAP/EWS/...) for a long time. It
had
been extended for any account type recently, within:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/evolution-data-server/-/issues/273

I do not know whether it's of any use for you.

I'll have a look, thanks. Does this have any data loss implications if
the system (or Evo) should crash before the save happens?

poc