Re: [Evolution] Sorting by "unread"

On Wed, 2021-01-20 at 12:43 +1300, Kiwi Rider via evolution-list wrote:
Installation is default as of this morning (I'd not installed it on this
machine before today).

With Thunderbird, when I set up a new mail folder (whether the inbox of
a new account or some other folder). I first click the Date header to
sort by date, then I click the "sort by read" column

Right click on the header bar of the message list, then Customise View
-> Sort.  You then can choose 4 levels of sorting.

And yes, "status" is more than just Read/Unread.  There's no "Sort by
Read/Unread".  (If you think there should be then file an enhancement
bug.)

Once you have a folder how you want it to look, then Save the view
(View -> Current View -> Save Custom View ... and give it a name). It
will become the default (so you never have to even click on headers
when you create a new folder) and if you need to switch a folder to how
you like it, then just View -> Current View and click on the name
you've given the view.

P.