Re: [Evolution] Messages marked Unread self-mark as Read

        Hi,

On Tue, 2021-01-12 at 09:30 -0500, Luben Dimov via evolution-list
wrote:
I am sending my message to the entire list now, but the reason why I
sent my message just to you is because you had originally suggested I
do that.

Oh, I see, a year old request gets lost on my side as soon a the first
week passes. I touch too many different things to remember all of them
precisely, the worse when it's in a longer time.

I'd notice the mail was not sent in error myself, but I didn't pay
enough attention to your mail, the "non-quoting" style you use confused
the things for me more than it should. I'm sorry about that.

You are right to not send the log to the list.

As you said, this is a year old thread, you still use 3.30.5, which had
been released almost two years ago, on 2019-02-04. Too many things
happened in the code meanwhile. The evolution-ews sources received ~78
commits (excluding the translations and other commits, truly just the
code changes), which might not feel like a lot, but it is a lot, from
my point of view. Changes on the evolution-data-server side also count.
It can be that your issues are fixed in the current stable, which is
3.38.3, released just this week. The Flathub.org has a version of
Evolution with it included as a Flatpak. It can be used for testing as
in your case, when the distribution is behind the current stable
version. You can try whether the things has got fixed meanwhile with
it.

Anyway, from your log, I see a messages:UpdateItem call with
<IsRead>true</IsRead> set and it's confirmed as Success by the server.
After that (and after the `## now going to another folder...` line)
there's another messages:UpdateItem request, this time without the
<IsRead>, which should be fine, because the UpdateItem is meant to
update only properties, which had been touched. The next
messages:GetItem requests succeeds and it has returned
<t:IsRead>true</t:IsRead> (the very end of the log snippet). There is a
mark you deleted a lot of lines, maybe some of them contained the other
update/read, but it's also likely the UI part misbehaved somehow. I
cannot tell for sure. If you still have the whole log, the requests and

AAMkAGQ1M2U1MDc2LWQ4Y2EtNDJlMi1iZWM5LWE0MTYxZThkYWE2YgBGAAAAAACqHunArULMRb8dDAW8uzybBwArRZYo0hTxT6JHauKCDr84AAAAAAEMAAArRZYo0hTxT6JHauKCDr84AAKA9v9JAAA=

are the interesting parts from the log.

        Bye,
        Milan