Re: [Evolution] scripting/fasting the add of remote agenda?

On Fri, 2020-09-18 at 12:40 +0200, Marc Chantreux via evolution-list
wrote:
export XDG_DATA_DIRS=$PREFIX/share:$XDG_DATA_DIRS

if $XDG_DATA_DIRS doesn't exist, it expands silently
to this weird trailing ':' symbol. like this.

        Hi,
thanks for the explanation. In the above sample the variable doesn't
expand to the ':', it expands to an empty string, leaving there the
trailing ':'. One might not see much difference in it, but there is.

If I'm not mistaken, then in this particular case the command change is
"cosmetic", it cannot cause any real misbehavior, because, in the worst
case, it'll pile up "empty directories" into the XDG_DATA_DIRS
variable, or, better said, up to one, because the second call of it
will reuse the previously set variable value.

I do not mind to change the steps, after all it's a Wiki page and can
be changed by anyone. It makes the line looking more complicated, but,
as you said, for good. That being said, feel free to change it.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan