[Evolution] scripting/fasting the add of remote agenda?

hello people,

I work at Renater (the french Research and Education Network) and
we start to promote lightweight alternatives to our online
services. I don't think Gnome can be seen as "lightweight" but
evolution is by far the best graphical MUA/caldav client i ever
seen. I still use mutt which is much more powerful to me so i'm sorry
about the newbie mood of the questions i'll probably ask.

also: we use debian stable as reference (because it's stable and simple
for endusers) so i'm not on the last version of evolution. however
i can probably try to build from git if there is some needs to test
recent features.

now my first question: let's say i want to visualize the remote agendas
of my colleages in evolution: AFAIS, i have to configure dozens of those
one by one, i can't even use one of them as a template for the next one.

* is it true?
* is there a way to create a plugin or an external program to quickly
  add some new calendars by querying an ldap server, for exemple?

regards
marc