Re: [Evolution] Problem with mouse scrolling

On Thu, 2020-11-12 at 22:42 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-11-12 at 11:08 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:>
> > Mouse scrolling no longer works in a message window created by double
> > clicking on a message.  Scrolling does work on messages shown by typing
> > ctrl/m, and on every other application on my system, which is:
> >  * Fedora-32 fully up to date
> >  * KDE Frameworks 5.73.0 (for most apps; KDE is my preferred platform)
> >  * Evolution 3.36.5 (3.36.5-1.fc32)
> >  * gtk3-3.24.23-1.fc32.x86_64

> > Any suggestions on how to fix?  Should I file a bug?

> Is mouse scrolling working in other applications? I ask because just
> recently my mouse stopped scrolling in every app (on Fedora 33) and
> only recovered after I rebooted (IIRC not even logging out was enough).
> I've no idea what caused it but have a vague sensation of having
> clicked something unintentionally. I also use KDE.

The problem occurred only in evolution and only in popup windows, not
in the preview window (made visible by ctrl/m).  And not it has gone
away after a minor update and reboot.  (Thanks for the hint.)

> > BTW: How can I find out the previous version of evolution installed on
> > my system; the problem arose recently, almost surely because of an
> > update.

> This isn't strictly an Evolution question but a Fedora one. However you
> can use 'dnf history' to see the log of package installs and updates
> (see the man page for dnf). /var/log/dnf.rpm.log may also be useful.

Unfortunately (OT)  :
   1. "$ dnf history" appears to show only when updates were made and how
      many packages were affected by the update.
   2. Further, /var/log/dnf.rpm.log appears to show only updates made by
      dnf and not those made by the discover app, or by the "Software
      Updates" app in the tray.  I vaguely remember that the discover app
      had a history function, but I can't find it now, and (as I remember)
      it wasn't very useful.

Thanks - jon