Re: [Evolution] Problem with mouse scrolling

On Thu, 2020-11-12 at 15:49 -0800, Jonathan Ryshpan wrote:
BTW: How can I find out the previous version of evolution installed on
my system; the problem arose recently, almost surely because of an
update.

This isn't strictly an Evolution question but a Fedora one. However you
can use 'dnf history' to see the log of package installs and updates
(see the man page for dnf). /var/log/dnf.rpm.log may also be useful.

Unfortunately (OT)  :
   1. "$ dnf history" appears to show only when updates were made and how
      many packages were affected by the update.
   2. Further, /var/log/dnf.rpm.log appears to show only updates made by
      dnf and not those made by the discover app, or by the "Software
      Updates" app in the tray.  I vaguely remember that the discover app
      had a history function, but I can't find it now, and (as I remember)
      it wasn't very useful.

'dnf history' can show the exact sequence of package updates. That's
why I referred you to the manual.

I only ever use dnf, so I can't speak to other updaters. Some people
like dnfdragora but I prefer the command line as it's clearer about
what is actually happening. Many of these things use a common backend
managed by pkgconf, but I have no experience of that.

poc