Re: [Evolution] Issue when changing default location of Evolution mail folder to another device

Hello Karim
How are you mounting the CIFS volume?

Note that if you are mounting it via gvfs there are some bugs that could
result in contents appearing as if read-only. See for instance
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gvfs/-/issues/249
Not sure if that could be the case here, it's not clear how are those
"user mode" / "root mode" you were testing in.

Best regards

Hi Angel,

I have seen this, but I did not worry because it dates from a few years. You've right, its not very clear, I will take a look...

I found something interesting here about uid/gid mismatching on NFS  :

https://askubuntu.com/questions/677922/how-can-i-get-read-write-access-to-nfs-share-of-synology-nas

I will try to modify  tomorrow, and I'll post the result.

Regards.
Karim