Re: [Evolution] Issue when changing default location of Evolution mail folder to another device

On 2020-05-05 at 17:41 +0200, Karim.afifi wrote:
Thanks for pointing to this.
After a second check  I found that I can't write in user mode (in root
mode no problem, this confused me...).

I have some trouble, because directory still appears "read-only", even
if Synology is setting to "R/W". I noticed :

My CIFS volume is sharing with a Windows 10 user and an Ubuntu user
(each one has its own directory).
Is it a problem ?

My volume is sharing via CIFS, do you think that NFS should be
better/mandatory ?

Any advice will be appreciated :-)

Regards.
Karim

Hello Karim

How are you mounting the CIFS volume?

Note that if you are mounting it via gvfs there are some bugs that could
result in contents appearing as if read-only. See for instance
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gvfs/-/issues/249
Not sure if that could be the case here, it's not clear how are those
"user mode" / "root mode" you were testing in.

Best regards