Re: [Evolution] Failed to open calendar “Contacts : Birthdays & Anniversaries” Invalid object

On Mon, 2020-03-23 at 11:55 +0100, John Murrell wrote:
Exporting to a vCard sounds like the way to go
but I don't think I can delete my contacts as this is greyed out.

        Hi,
I didn't mean to delete the address book, I meant to delete only the
contacts in it (aka select the book, then click on one of the contacts,
then in menu Edit->Select All, followed by Edit->Delete Contact). You
can also create a new local address book and try to import your
modified contacts there first, to verify the imported bits will look
properly.

If it is related to time zones could it have been triggered by the US
Summer time change even though I am in the UK ? (UK have not changed
to Summer Time Yet)

I guess (and hope) not. The code I've been referring to is not called
during the calendar open, thus it should not influence the open
behavior.

FYI - not sure if it a 'bug' but in the contacts list view the year
'9999' shows as '99' so could be confused with 1999

That is derived from your locale. You can change the format in
Edit->Preferences->Contacts->Date/Time format, at the very top of the
General tab.

I suspect there is a bit of a hole in the software as normally it
does not allow you to enter a date in the future for Birthdays - not
sure about anniversaries ?

There is a difference between content validation when user edits the
contact in the GUI and between contact import. The check on edit tries
to avoid user mistakes. The import expects valid data.

In terms of the reply to the list I have been but all my messages
seem to be held for moderation as a non-user.

Ah, I see, poc already flushed the queue (thanks poc). I'm sorry for
the noise.

        Bye,
        Milan