Re: [Evolution] Failed to open calendar “Contacts : Birthdays & Anniversaries” Invalid object

On Sun, 2020-03-22 at 09:44 +0000, John Murrell wrote:
Hello,

I am running Evolution 3.28.5-0ubuntu0.18.04.1  under Linux Mint 9.3
Mate 64 Bit

Evolution has been operating satisfactorily since I installed it in
February until the last couple of days when I get the error 'Failed to
open calendar “Contacts : Birthdays & Anniversaries” Invalid object'
when I try to create a new entry in the calendar.

There is one previous post in the archive that implies that turning the
calendars off and on again cures it - I have tried this but it does not
work in my case.

I have looked at the dta file in
/home/john/.local/share/evolution/calendar/system and the only file is
'calendar.ics' which Has Read - Wrirte permission for th eowner and
read only for the others. Changing the group to read write does not
cure it.

Nothing on the internet for this error other than the one report in the
archive as shown above.

The 'Birthdays & Anniversarys still show in the calendar and can be
turned on & off with the tick box so evolution still seems to be
reading the data.

The error occurs even if I turn off B&A and then try to create a new
appointment.

Can anyone help me on fixing this.

It's important to say how your calendar is configured. Is it local?
Does it use a server such as Google Calendar or Exchange?

poc