Re: [Evolution] Failed to open calendar “Contacts : Birthdays & Anniversaries” Invalid object

On Sun, 2020-03-22 at 17:53 +0000, John Murrell wrote:
I guess I may have imported my calender from outlook, it was 6 weeks
ago and I did the transfer from following some web pages - I think
converting to mbox and then importing them if I remember correctly
 - it think it was working ok until a few days ago though I am not sure
when I tried to add the last entry - most seem to be deleted or
cancelled at present couple of days ago. I can still edit existing
entries in the calendar. I have cancelled a couple today. However what
I can't do is to create a new appointment I get the error message in
the title.
As in the original post I have a calendar.ics file and I also have a
contacts.db file in
/home/john/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system. My contacts seem
to be working ok. The only odd thing is they mostly have a Birth date &
Anniversary  date as 1/1/9999 !! As a result if I edit them I get a
message stating 'Birth Date Cannot Be a future date'

[Please don't top-post on the list. It makes threads harder to follow]

Mbox is for mail. It has nothing to do with calendars. Neither does the
contacts.db file. A date of 1/1/9999 looks very much like an
uninitialized field.

I suggest you save your existing *.ics file(s) somewhere as a backup,
delete or rename the calendar from within Evolution, then create an
entirely new calendar (also in Evolution), and import the backup .ics
file(s). That should at least start things off in a consistent state.

poc