Re: [Evolution] Force openning attachemnts in specific application

On Thu, 2020-03-12 at 12:54 +0100, Milan Crha via evolution-list wrote:
On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 16:38 +0100, an70n--- via evolution-list wrote:
I'm trying to remove unwanted applications from a list of available
applications in "Open with" attachment menu. Obviously, removing
all
of *.desktop files in not an option.

      Hi,
if I'm not mistaken, the list contains all installed applications,
which claim they can handle given content type/MIME type. Do you
think
some of them are there in error?

FWIW, I have seen what is maybe the same problem, mostly with
attachments that are some Windows filetype not readable in Linux.
The "Open with" list comes up with whatever files are in some
directory where I was working in another window, things like C
source code files, nothing connected with any *.desktop file.
(I have evol. 3.28.5, didn't report this because it is sporadic.)
To original poster:  are you seeing actual apps on your "Open with",
or files that are not even executable?
George Reeke