Re: [Evolution] Force openning attachemnts in specific application

On Wed, 2020-03-11 at 15:38 +0000, an70n--- via evolution-list wrote:
it's my first time I'm writing on mailing list, so i hope i'm doing
it right and not breaking any conventions.

I'm trying to remove unwanted applications from a list of available
applications in "Open with" attachment menu. Obviously, removing all
of *.desktop files in not an option.

I wasn't able to find any solution online or nothing interesting in
dot files. Maybe, someone was struggling with a similar problem. I'll
be grateful for any advice.

I'll quote from the Evolution 3.36 user help (it's not in 3.34):

The options available for an attachment vary depending on the type of
attachment and the applications that are installed on your system.
Your desktop environment's MIME database defines which applications can
be used to open a specific file format.
To see the list of registered applications for a MIME type, use
     gio mime
Example:
     gio mime "application/pdf"

Cheers,