Re: [Evolution] Move mail to where?

On Fri, 2020-01-17 at 18:13 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:

Also note that recent versions allow defining an Archive folder. See
"Account Management > account type > Default Folders" in the Help.

Here is a follow up on my posting a few minutes ago.
I was unaware of the Archive idea.  If it would be the case that
the move/copy dialog would not go there to a folder name when a
few letters were typed, this would indeed solve my problem, at the
cost of one extra click when going back to read or save to an older
year.  I will try that.  But here is an example of what I was talking
about where that would not help:
Let's say I work for a company and I have top-level folders for
different clients.  Under each client I have folders for different
contact people.  This whole tree is current.  So today I am working
on emails from clients at company C.  I deal with a request from
Tony and later John at company C.  I want to move John's incoming
mail to the OnThisComputer/C/John folder, so I open the copy/move
dialog, type "Jo", and the dialog goes to "John", but it is John at
company "B" and I don't notice and misfile.  Going to last used top-
level folder before finding "John" would solve this problem (except
when I switch to a different client of course).
George Reeke