[Evolution] open-map service

When I click on an item in the address function and then on the "open-map" line in the text that then appears at the bottom of the screen, I get this message when using either Firefox and Chrome:

Could not open the link

The specified location is not supported.

This behavior may be related to the content of the "open-map" line clicked on, which can be got by right clicking it and is something like:
open-map:1516%20University%20Ave%2C%20Berkeley%2C%20CA

The action called for looks like an "open-map:" service, similar to "http:"; if so it's no wonder that browsers don't understand. Can anyone clarify the situation? Is there any way to make evolution call on a different service?