Re: [Evolution] Evolution discussion (Ubuntu) - Search results

I am happy to see the lively conversation. And sorry if I touched a
sensitive topic and triggered some not so empathetic answers . Yes, the
Contents link from Evolution Help is great and exemplary. I agree with
Ralf that a lot of other apps don't provide this helpful support.
With my questions I just tried to think how to make it easier for non-
IT guys and the people Ralf mentioned to find help. Personally I don't
have a problem to find the help I need (otherwise I would not be
subscribed to the list ;) ) and I have used Evolution for more than a
decade.
I am still a happy user and still try to promote it as I like it. That
is why I am trying to find out why the question regarding the mentioned
problem did not find its way to this mailing list but was rather
sitting idle in a general forum for a year.
For IT professional there a lot of things that seem to be logic but
different professionals don't have the same knowledge and have
different approaches & ways to find help because they might be ignorant
or had different experiences (like Ralf mentioned). And I understand it
is sometimes difficult to be patient when you get the same query over
and over again and you have a great Help page. I was just wondering
about the search results and the missing result about the Evolution
mailing list. But you pointed out the difficulty about that and I agree
with what was written regarding that (Pete & André). Therefore I hope
more people will just simply find the most logic and helpful way:
Evolution -> Help -> Contents -> Tracking down Problems: "How to get
hel
p"

Cheers, Dan