Re: [Evolution] Evolution Editor needs serious attention

Heja,

On Fri, 2020-08-21 at 15:31 +0200, mwrsa web de wrote:
is there a beta testing version somewhere out there, preferrably in
.deb format?

.deb would be a question for your distro. :)

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Flatpak could be an option, but
as already rightfully pointed out Flatpak has its own limitations (see
"Cannot print mail, add or save attachments, or open the help" in
=3.36 versions of the Evolution user docs).

Ok, I admit, I have to add another question here: Is there a reason
why this is done vial mailing list, and not using some forum
platform?

Pros and cons; reluctance of folks to learn something new, lack of a
top-down culture to enforce migrations with a social buy-in process
(capacity for discussion leading etc), lack of folks leading that push.

(Very simplified list. Things might change when someone steps up, e.g.
the GNOME project kind of migrated from Bugzilla to Gitlab, or from SVN
to Git a long time ago after a good inclusive evaluation process [1].)

andre

[1] https://blogs.gnome.org/newren/2009/01/03/gnome-dvcs-survey-results/
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net