Re: [Evolution] Cannot Archive Messages Keep Showing Up

On Thu, 2020-04-16 at 09:41 -0600, Zan Lynx wrote:
IMAP is not designed to handle immediate synchronisation between two
clients active on the same account. They will eventually synchronise,
but not immediately.

That does depend on your clients and IMAP server. My personal email
server running Cyrus IMAP updates instantly between Thunderbird and K9
Mail. That's because with an active connection and IDLE (where the
client passively waits for notification of changes) watched folders get
immediately updated.

I haven't tried this with Evolution lately, but I thought it did support
IDLE notification.

It does, but it's an option. And not all IMAP servers are the same.

poc