Re: [Evolution] Cannot Archive Messages Keep Showing Up

Hi,
many thanks for the fast reply!

* Version is 3.34.1-2.
* Yes, I mean the "Archive" button, and I configured also a folder for that. "normally/ mostly" it works well and messages are moved to the folder.
* The archive folder and the source folder (subfolder of Inbox) are both on the same IMAP server.

I just ran evolution from the terminal and was able to reproduce the error but no such messages printed to the terminal.

Best,
Alex

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 18:49, Milan Crha via evolution-list <evolution-list gnome org> wrote:
On Wed, 2020-04-15 at 18:34 +0200, Alexander Kerner via evolution-list
wrote:
> I have a problem properly archiving messages. Some are "resistent" to
> this operation and keep showing up.
> At first, I thought this is related to the "group by thread" feature,
> but also when I disable this, some messages fail to archive.

        Hi,
let me start with some basic questions:

What is your Evolution version, please?

With Archive, I suppose you mean Message->Archive feature, right?

I suppose you've set the messages to be moved to some folder.

What is the account type you archive messages from?

What is the account type you archive messages to?

Could you try to run Evolution from a terminal, to see whether any
error message is shown there, please? I guess there would not be much
related shown, unless a big failure would happen.

        Bye,
        Milan