Re: [Evolution] Cannot Archive Messages Keep Showing Up

On Thu, 2020-04-16 at 13:00 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2020-04-16 at 13:09 +0200, Alexander Kerner via evolution-list
wrote:
indeed there was another instance of Evolution running on another
machine.
I changed that and now it seems to work.
I have no idea though why or how the other instance may sabotage my
imap
operations.

[Please don't top-post]

IMAP is not designed to handle immediate synchronisation between two
clients active on the same account. They will eventually synchronise,
but not immediately.

poc

How does this work with Gmail, i.e., a web-interface for IMAP mail? I use
Gmail and Evolution at the same time and it synchronizes instantly between
the web and Evolution.

Best,
Alex