Re: [Evolution] Cannot Archive Messages Keep Showing Up

IMAP is not designed to handle immediate synchronisation between two
clients active on the same account. They will eventually synchronise,
but not immediately.

That does depend on your clients and IMAP server. My personal email server running Cyrus IMAP updates instantly between Thunderbird and K9 Mail. That's because with an active connection and IDLE (where the client passively waits for notification of changes) watched folders get immediately updated.

I haven't tried this with Evolution lately, but I thought it did support IDLE notification.
--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil