Re: [Evolution] No CalDAV calendar

On Thu, 2019-10-31 at 12:57 +0100, Volker Wysk wrote:
That's funny. I have no /app directory on my system, but "ps" reports
processes in /app...

        Hi,
it's because of the sandbox nature of the Flatpak applications.

Yes, that works. I get a long log, which doesn't say much to me. I've
attached it.

Thanks. It shows that the calendar factory successfully talks to the
nextcloud calendars (personal and contact_birthdays). It also shows
that nothing changed since the last check. Either the local cache is
broken/incomplete, or the Evolution Calendar has set some filter,
preventing seeing the events from those two calendars.

If I'm not mistaken, then the local cache of the Flatpak calendars is
stored in
   ~/.var/app/org.gnome.Evolution/cache/evolution/calendar/
The directories there are for each remote calendar (you should have
there at least two). When you kill those /app processes again, then
delete this cache folder there and then run evolution, then these will
be populated from scratch, eventually getting the events which it
failed to save earlier, but I kind of doubt it'll help (I'm more
convinced that you've some filtering on in the Calendar window). It
does worth a try for sure.

Aside: I think it should be considered a bug, if it doesn't work at
all, but no error message is provided.

Well, it works, you can see locally stored events even when not
connected, you can make changes in offline and once you get online
these changes will be saved to the server.

For instance, if the evolution-calendar-factory process has a problem
to detect the calendar is online, then there should at least be a
message about it.

It's usually indicated by the connection icon in the list of the
calendars. You see it connected, which is correct, because it is
connected. The disconnect/offline thing was just one option I could
think of. There are obviously more options that can go wrong.

        Bye,
        Milan