Re: [Evolution] Automatic email selection when changing folder

On Sun, 2019-10-27 at 04:04 -0400, contact jpfleury net wrote:

The issue is only when Evolution decides for me and makes
autoselections.

      Hi,
you can configure Evolution to not mark message as read after you
select the folder (like for cases when it selects the oldest unread
message, because it was unable to find the previous selection).
That's
influenced by:

   $ gsettings set org.gnome.evolution.mail mark-seen-always false

where the 'false' is the default.

And it's not only about read/unread messages, but also about
autoselection of the last message displayed.

I'm not aware of a way to change this behavior. While the use-case
makes sense for you, it may not for others, or for me at least. When
search for a message and clear the filtering, I want to stay on that
found message. Even when I move away from that folder and return
back.
When I want to move to the next/previous unread message quickly I use
Ctrl+]/Ctrl+[.

I would not add an option for the behavior you suggest.

      Bye,
      Milan

I agree with Milan, I find the feature where Evo goes back to a
previously selected email _VERY_ useful. I use Evo email to do my
client billing and often I am working back through a the work I did in
the previous month and have to switch between the Calendar and email
panes (I appreciate I can open separate windows with one for email and
one for calendar but often for various reasons  don't do that) and it's
extremely useful to me that Evo remembers the previously selected email
when I go back to the emails from the calendar or wherever else.  So if
anyone is wanting this behaviour changed could you make it a setting so
that I can revert it to its current behaviour.

Siv