Re: [Evolution] Automatic email selection when changing folder

Le 19-10-27 à 03 h 37, aguador a écrit :
El dom, 27-10-2019 a las 02:55 +0100, Ralf Mardorf via evolution-list
escribió:
On Sat, 2019-10-26 at 22:43 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
I have Evo configured to never automatically mark mails as Read.
#MeToo IMO it doesn't make sense to automatically mark mails as read.

Make that at least three of us. I suspect it's not that "non-standard"
from a user's perspective.

 From the little I have seen of Thunderbird, I believe it allows one to
set a relatively long "Mark as read after" time so that it is possible
to preview or even open a message (I don't use the preview pane),
decide it will take more time than one has at the moment and close it
leaving it marked as unread. In Evo just make sure that "Mark messages
as read after" in Edit > Settings > Mail settings (translating from my
Spanish interface) is not marked.

Actually, in Thunderbird and Evolution, my setting is to mark as read after 0 s, so right after the message is displayed. I don't have any problem with that when I decide to select the message. The issue is only when Evolution decides for me and makes autoselections.

And it's not only about read/unread messages, but also about autoselection of the last message displayed.

Jean-Philippe