Re: [Evolution] Automatic email selection when changing folder

Hi Andre,

Thanks for your answer. With my workflow, I would say that it's the current setting that forces me to always perform an additional action instead of just sometimes. Here are two examples:

- Often, I just want to check the subject of new emails (because I'll process them elsewhere or later), so I select a folder to look at what's new. Since Evolution automatically selects the oldest unread email, I have to mark it again as unread.

- When I search for an older email and then select it, I'm not really interested to have it selected automatically the next time I go in this folder. I already found the information I was searching for, so there's no reason Evolution should automatically select this old email from 2017 the next time I go in this folder. It prevents me to quickly see the most recent emails the next time I look at this folder.

I'm testing Evolution in order to switch from Thunderbird, but I find this little default setting quite disturbing because when I select a folder, I don't know where I'll be located in it: "Why am I in the bottom of this folder, automatically selecting an old email from 2017? Ah, yes, I checked this message some time ago."

Regards,

Jean-Philippe