Re: [Evolution] Can't get credentials from gnome-keyring when using x2go or vnc

On Tue, 2019-10-01 at 14:34 -0500, D Ducky wrote:
When I open seahorse, it does not see default keyring,  It does when
logged in locally, but not through x2go or vnc.

Is this a seahorse issue?

        Hi,
seahorse and evolution are using the same interface. Your test
confirmed that both are affected, which makes sense. It also confirms
that the problem is not in evolution itself. :)

You are right that you need Login and/or Default keyring (if I recall
correctly, one of them is not needed, because only one of them is
unlocked after login and/or it used to cause some issues when there had
been both). For example my seahorse shows only:

   Passwords

in the Passwords section.

I do not have enough expertise in libsecret/gnome-keyring-daemon, I do
not want to mislead your investigation with any nonsense from my side,
but, maybe, could this depend on the user you use when logged in with
x2go/VNC? Does seahorse claim any runtime warning when you run it froma
terminal? Or when you run from a terminal
/usr/libexec/evolution-source-registry? What if you try to run
gnome-keyring-daemon shortly after you log in with x2go/VNC, ideally
before anything else is started (especially the evolution processes
[ps ax | grep evolution]), with something like:

   $ echo fake-keyring-password | /usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon \
        --daemonize --unlock &

which may eventually create a default/login keyring, used specifically
for the x2go/VNC session/user. I cannot try it, thus it's only a wild
guess. Where exactly it'll save it I do not know, should be somewhere
under $HOME. See the --help of the gnome-keyring-daemon for the list of
arguments it accepts, eventually its man page. If you login as the same
user, then maybe you can rather run it without the 'echo' and without
the '--unlock' argument. More at the --help output.
        Bye,
        Milan