Re: [Evolution] encrypt if possible

On Mon, 2019-05-06 at 20:48 +0200, Lukas Pirl wrote:
(how) can Evolution (be configured to) always encrypt emails if the
recipients' public keys are available?

        Hi,
evolution cannot be configured to do that. I'd not do any such option,
either you want to send a secure mail or you do not. Once sending a
mail securely and once not feels wrong. And what in cases where you
send to multiple recipients and one of them doesn't have the public
key? Splitting the message and send it encrypted to some recipients and
unencrypted to other recipients feels like bad idea, thus there would
be "all or nothing", which is bad too, especially if you agreed with
the other recipients to always encrypt messages.

The way it is done currently is that you've the things under control,
you always know whether the message had been sent encrypted or not. I
prefer to have things under my control, without surprises and such.
        Bye,
        Milan