Re: [Evolution] encrypt if possible

The problem is, you need to send so many mails in the clear, you end up
with a default of not encrypting any.
I do think this option would be useful. I agree that selecting such
middle-ground in the menu when composing a mail makes little sense (it
may fit with other autocrypt-related changes, though) but IMHO makes
perfect sense for an account default.

And what in cases where you send to multiple recipients and one of
them doesn't have the public key?

IMHO you should send it in the clear. This is opportunistic encryption.
Half-encrypting the mail seems more confusing than "Sorry, it couldn't be
sent encrypted while also sending it to John"

especially if you agreed with the other recipients to always encrypt messages.

I think that should be a setting for the Contact (like "wants HTML"), that
(independently to this proposed setting) could trigger an alert if sending in plain
to a contact marked as "always send encrypted" (not sure if it should also change
automatically a plaintext default if sending to contacts with that tag and
for which we have a key).

Best regards