Re: [Evolution] POP to IMAP conversion

Thanks Pete

On Mon, 2019-05-06 at 19:13 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
My wife has an Evolution mailbox configured as POP3.  I want to
convert
this implementation over to IMAP.  Can I backup her mail via the
Evolution backup tool (1G+), wipe out that mailbox, recreate it
under
the same mailbox name and address as IMAP, and import the mail from
the
backup?
Will that work?

The POP mail is stored on the computer - even if you delete the POP
account, the mail will still be there on the computer.

So, backup the mail (for safety), delete the POP account, create the
IMAP account, once that's all done and everything is happy, copy
whatever mail you want from "On this computer" into the IMAP account.

There's no need to remove the mailbox under "On this Computer", and
if
it's the Inbox, you probably shouldn't anyway as it'll just cause
confusion later.

P.