Re: [Evolution] Contact files

On Wed, 2018-09-05 at 16:43 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/*/contacts.db in 3.28.

Not sure if any magic in the registry settings (dconf) is involved -
from a quick glance I can only see a value for the default address
book in there.

        Hi,
no magic in the settings, the '*' in your path above is a source UID,
which requires a corresponding UID.source file in
~/.config/evolution/sources/

The easiest might be to create a new user, copy directories mentioned
in the help link you gave in the previous mail into the home directory
of that new user (or eventually just whole home of the original user)
and then log in as that new user. If things go right the evolution will
know all what had been there before.

There are also possibilities to extract respective contacts from a
contacts.db file using command line tools like `sqlite3` [1].
        Bye,
        Milan

[1]
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2015-October/msg00089.html
By the way, I made a typo there, it should not be .ics, but .vcf
extension instead. Not that it matters that much, but still.