Re: [Evolution] Detailed error message: Unable to connect to 'Personal': Error introspecting unknown summary field 'file_as_localized'"

On Wed, 2015-10-21 at 07:53 +0200, Marcin Sławiński wrote:
I had Linux Mint Debian Edition and some default version of Evolution
in there. I reinstalled system to Linux Mint 17.2 and I have
Evolution 3.10.4.

        Hi,
distribution names do not help, evolution exact versions do. There's
not much difference between running evolution on an old /home, or
restoring from a backup file created by the evolution.

Detailed error message: Unable to connect to 'Personal': Error
introspecting unknown summary field 'file_as_localized'"

dir system-address-book was not exist, so I created and copied data
from /home/my_name/.local.share/evolution/system, but it didn't
help..

Hard to tell what version the previous installation had, but from the
error message I'd guess it was a higher version than you have now. The
error basically means that one of the tables in the contacts.db file
has a column the "current" evolution version doesn't know about. The
contacts.db file is just an sqlite database file, it can be edited in
any sqlite-capable application.

You can extract only contacts from the database with this command:
   $ sqlite3 ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system/contacts.db \
       "SELECT vcard FROM folder_id">contacts.ics
Then close any evolution-addressbook-factory* processes, move away the
whole ~/.local/share/evolution/addressbook/system/ directory, run the
evolution and import to it (File->Import->Single file->...) the created
contacts.ics file.

        Bye,
        Milan