Re: [Evolution] Evolution Suddenly Won't Open

(evolution:10702): e-data-server-WARNING **:
e_module_load_all_in_directory:
Error opening directory '/usr/lib/evolution-data-server/credential-
modules': No such file or directory
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but this changed nothing.
Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks in advance.
The error is from evolution-data-server, which in most distros is a
different package from Evolution. Try reinstalling it. Normally this
is not the way to fix problems with any Linux package, but in this
cas it might be worth it given the error you're getting. On my system
(Fedora 28) the corresponding directory is /usr/lib64/evolution-data-
server/credential-modules

Agree, reinstalling application is *NOT* normal.  You broke your
distribution somehow.

Were you playing around with adding/removing package? and used a --
force / do-anyway option?  That is pretty much the only way you end up
in this situation;  that filesystem is owned by root, you cannot mess
it up by doing normal/healthy things.
--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
OpenGroupware Developer <http://www.opengroupware.us/>