Re: [Evolution] Evolution Suddenly Won't Open

On Tue, 2018-05-08 at 16:35 -0400, wmichaelb fuse net wrote:
I'm running Evolution on Linux Mint Cinnamon 18.2.

That doesn't tell us what version of Evolution you have, which is all
that matters. See Help->About, or if it won't open then give the exact
package name.

Suddenly, it will no longer open.
I can't find anything in the system log that refers to it; the only clue I have is what happens
when I try to open it from the command line:

$evolution

(evolution:10702): e-data-server-WARNING **: e_module_load_all_in_directory:
Error opening directory '/usr/lib/evolution-data-server/credential-modules': No such file or directory

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but this changed nothing. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Thanks in advance.

The error is from evolution-data-server, which in most distros is a
different package from Evolution. Try reinstalling it. Normally this is
not the way to fix problems with any Linux package, but in this case it
might be worth it given the error you're getting. On my system (Fedora
28) the corresponding directory is /usr/lib64/evolution-data-
server/credential-modules

poc