Re: [Evolution] Maildir account broken by update?

Dear all,

I've been waiting for couple of updates before proceeding.

However, when starting Evolution afterwards, the emails related
to the MailDir account could no longer be displayed.

      Hi,
do you know what had been updated, please? Was even evolution or
evolution-data-server packages updated too? Does it help to downgrade
it/them?

$ grep evolution /var/log/dpkg.log
says that libreoffice-evolution:i386 1:5.2.7-1+deb9u4~bpo8+1 has been
installed the day the problem started.

evolution-data-server has been updated yesterday without any consequence.

Trying to remove libreoffice-evolution (with apt-get) says gnome will be removed, so I didn't proceed.

In my preferences/Account/Receiving email page, the directory is
now set to (None) instead of my MailDir folder, and setting it
back doesn't help : opening the page again shows it's back to
(None).

I think there was some UI glitch which showed the path as None even it
had been properly set in the background, but it's a long time since
3.12.9 (the current stable series is 3.28, if you wonder), thus I can
be wrong.

According to the user documentation, account data is stored under
~/.config/evolution/sources/
Are that folder (plus your MailDir folder itself) writable?

Yes they are. Sorry I forgot to mention I made these tests also.

I should also say that all my data are still in my MailDir folder.

It's the path in the corresponding .source file which matters the most.
When you run evolution from a terminal, does it show anything? I mean
like a runtime warning, not anything with enabled debugging.

Running evolution from terminal yields :
(evolution:3973): libebackend-WARNING **: module_load:
/usr/lib/evolution/3.12/modules/evolution-module-rss.so: undefined symbol: em_folder_tree_set_selected
Failed to load module: /usr/lib/evolution/3.12/modules/evolution-module-rss.so

(evolution:3973): camel-local-provider-CRITICAL **: scan_fi: assertion 'path != NULL' failed

(evolution:3973): camel-local-provider-CRITICAL **: scan_dirs: assertion 'path != NULL' failed

(the two last lines being repeated few times and then :)

RSS Plugin enabled (evolution 3.12, evolution-rss 0.3.95)
soup init()

It looks like ths may be the problem... but googling this error didn't help... Any idea?

You can
try to right-click the folder name in the left folder tree and pick
Refresh there, even couple times, if it's available in your version.

Did it... without result.

Best,
Fabien