Re: [Evolution] public folder calendars

The steps you describe are for sharing calendars, not for using public ones, so no love there. Also, I'm not dismissing it--yesterday on some site I was exploring, Evolution was touted as an Outlook clone in an article (or that's what it sounded like). Definately not trying to ruffle any feathers. I think Evolution can do what I need and its about to become one of my most used pieces of software.

I'm using EWS, and I can see my own mail and calendars fine. I contacted tech support at my place of employment and they more or less suggested that I continue to use the Outlook Web App for interacting with the public ones.

When I choose "create new calendar" I get these options for choosing the calendar's location:

on this computer
caldav
google
the ews account I set up (with which I'm happily sending and receiving emails)
on the web
weather

I think I want caldav, but am not sure. Maybe I just need to get the server admin to tell me where the pubic folder is. If I can see it in a web browser, it has to have a url, right?

I do appreciate the help. I'm a bit frustrated because everything is very close to working perfectly.

On Sat, Jul 28, 2018 at 12:53 PM Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:
On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 08:51 -0500, tom via evolution-list wrote:
> Thanks, yeah, it's an exchange thing. I've been to the link you
> provided.  I think I need urls that point to the calendars I want to
> see. Also, apologies: I've always thought of Evolution as an Outlook
> clone, and not so much a general email client, so I assumed that
> you'd just know what I was talking about...

I think you do Evolution a great disservice by dismissing it as "an
Outlook clone".  If anything the addition of the ability to handle
Exchange accounts, along with all their oddness, is very much a later
addon. (And I remember far enough back in the Ximian days about how
much people disliked such integration with MS systems and how much Evo
wasn't supposed to be an Outlook clone.)

And to answer your question - go to the mail window, right click on the
Exchange account you setup and select "Subscribe to folder of another
user ..." and put in the information you need. Yes, you can select
calendars from there as well.

P.