Re: [Evolution] GMail two stage authentication

I'll see what I can do...

So had to change the password on one of my e.Mail (gmail) accounts due to potential security breach.  Did that via browser and settings.

I then opened Evolution.  The other accounts all synchronized, bar the one I needed to change.

I got a message to enter my password, which I did.
It then gave me another window that listed all the permissions and at the bottom "Allow", which I ticked
I then get another window with a very long code and a message to enter the code in the account settings, but there is no where in Evolution or Google settings for it.....

I don't know what to do.

Last point:  Online Accounts:  I have used that in the past, BUT it does not exist anymore.  I am sure I read somewhere it was being discontinued..  I still have it listed in Synaptic Package Manager, but when I try and open it it just opens a settings window and there is nothing in there.  Seen this before on other machines, same problem, Online Accounts does not work.

Does this help?

best

On Sat, 28 Jul 2018 at 09:53, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 14:33 +0100, Jonathan Harrison via evolution-list
wrote:
> I had to change the password on my gMail account, and now can not
> synchronize with Evolution. I add the new password, select allow

It is unclear to me which dialog you refer to. A clear list of steps to
reproduce, click by click, and Evolution version info might help.

> and then it rejects with a code to use in my google account to
> authorise evoilution, but there is no such setting in Google. There
> are no instructions or facilities for two stage authentication.

In general it is recommended to set up GMail accounts via "Online
Accounts" in the GNOME Settings. I don't see or understand how Two
Factor Authentication is related. Yet. See above.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/