Re: [Evolution] GMail two stage authentication

Hi,

On Fri, 2018-07-27 at 14:33 +0100, Jonathan Harrison via evolution-list
wrote:
I had to change the password on my gMail account, and now can not
synchronize with Evolution. I add the new password, select allow

It is unclear to me which dialog you refer to. A clear list of steps to
reproduce, click by click, and Evolution version info might help.

and then it rejects with a code to use in my google account to
authorise evoilution, but there is no such setting in Google. There
are no instructions or facilities for two stage authentication.

In general it is recommended to set up GMail accounts via "Online
Accounts" in the GNOME Settings. I don't see or understand how Two
Factor Authentication is related. Yet. See above.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/