Re: [Evolution] GMail two stage authentication

On Sat, 2018-07-28 at 17:06 +0100, Jonathan Harrison via evolution-list wrote:
[EXTERNAL SOURCE]

I'll see what I can do...

So had to change the password on one of my e.Mail (gmail) accounts due to potential security breach.  Did
that via browser and settings.

I then opened Evolution.  The other accounts all synchronized, bar the one I needed to change.

I got a message to enter my password, which I did.
It then gave me another window that listed all the permissions and at the bottom "Allow", which I ticked
I then get another window with a very long code and a message to enter the code in the account settings,
but there is no where in Evolution or Google settings for it.....

I don't know what to do.

Last point:  Online Accounts:  I have used that in the past, BUT it does not exist anymore.  I am sure I
read somewhere it was being discontinued..  I still have it listed in Synaptic Package
Manager, but when I try and open it it just opens a settings window and there is nothing in there.  Seen
this before on other machines, same problem, Online Accounts does not work.

Does this help?

best

can you create an application password in your google account and
utilize that with evolution to meet your needs.  That is what i do to
access my google calendar(s). ( i don't directly pull my gmail using
evolution, I use the same application password with fetchmail to
populate a maildir folder that I have evolution pointed to)