Re: [Evolution] Recovering after suspend and resume

On Wed, 2018-07-11 at 12:36 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I tried the Evo that comes with Linux Mint 19 and yes it's much
better,
no connection issues after resume but I had a weird problem with my
Gmail account. Evo kept insisting I use OAuth2 and I couldn't get
it to
stay set to Password, each time I clicked OK, it reverted to
OAuth2.
Why did you not want it to use OAuth2? It works perfectly fine with
Evolution and is Google's preferred method - in fact I would say
that Evo is "correct" to insist that you use OAuth2, it is what you
should be doing.

I'd never heard of OAuth2 before and all it didn't was throw an error -
can't remember exactly what it said but I was in a rush and one of the
options in the authentication was password, so surely it should have
worked??

Even stranger was when I switched back to LM 18.3 (due to other
unrelated issues) my Gmail account still failed to authenticate
even
though it was set to Password. Had to delete the account and re-
make
it.

That's probably because the authorisation token got revoked.

Are you using the same home filesystem for both versions?  (If so,
things are going to get problematic - the Evolution configuration
store
would have been upgraded to the 3.28 version and it isn't backward
compatible.)

Yeah that makes sense. I have Evo 3.28 in a flatpack now but I haven't
configured the accounts yet. I was going to export a backup from my old
version but it was taking too long so I thought I would see if I could
get it to use the same folders directories but haven't done that yet.

P.