Re: [Evolution] Couple of questions - profile and bash

On Fri, 2018-02-16 at 09:05 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
Besides, it doesn't explain the slow startup (TB startup as normal
regardless of where the mail dir was), nor does it explain the
addressbook issues.

I thought I had in the first reply I sent you.  It's to do with file
locking. Evolution assumes that its private store of data (i.e. where
it stores the "On My Computer" stuff) is local to the machine and so
uses a particular type of file locking. File locks are a particularly
troublesome area of NFS and some of the kludges in NFS to try and cope
with it are nasty and horrible and slow. It's probably not helped by
using symbolic links.

I'd suggest using Maildir as the local store format (rather than the
usual mbox). It's designed avoid file locking and should work better
with NFS.

poc