Re: [Evolution] Couple of questions - profile and bash

 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
<snip>
In fact if your mail provider offers IMAP as an option, that is by far
the easiest way to go as you don't need to set up anything after
configuring Evolution with the account info. It also means you can get
to your mail from any IMAP client, including on your phone.

poc

bg:

Okay, Patrick, that raises a question. I stick to POP and always have,
and my bride and I each have both iPhones and iPads which we regularly
use to fetch our mail traffic when traveling, plus I have a laptop
running Fedora which I sometimes haul along on trips so that I'll have a
better keyboard. None of these devices have any difficulty retrieving
mail from the POP server at the ISP that hosts our mail. Except that
every so often, following one of the frequent iOS updates to the Pad,
my POP-server password has disappeared and has to be reloaded :-)

I should maybe add that my wife's address and mine are on the same domain,
fdi.us, since I own that one.

So what compelling reason would there be for us to change to IMAP?
We danged sure don't do any "sharing" with anyone else,and being
retired, foresee no chance that we ever would. So - IMAP - ??? Why?

Evo 3.18.5.2 under Ubuntu 16.04

Thanks,

Brewster

Embrace a progressively tolerant multicultural community of sustainable
social-justice-centered harmonically sharing low-carbon diversity.
 W. Brewster Gillett            bg fdi us            Portland, OR  USA
 Simply because you don't like to hear it, that doesn't make it untrue.