Re: [Evolution] Frustrating Calender Problem

On Tue, 2018-08-21 at 20:26 -0400, John Lewis wrote:
It wasn't EWS, it was CalDAV. It is a good thing I am working on the
new OS. It has Evolution 3.28.5-1.

        Hi,
I do not recall CalDAV ever exhibiting anything like that what you
described in the initial email. Evolution only takes the iCalendar data
and passes it to the server. It can be what you see is configured on
that server. I know for example Google server doesn't like expanded
time zone information, thus it changes it "to some other". The iCloud
server didn't like TZID as provided by libical, it works only with
location identifiers instead. Other servers, like DAViCal, do not do
that, they keep the iCalendar data untouched. Some CalDAV servers
support sending invitations, which makes it easier for some clients.
There's an option for it in the calendar Properties (Server handles
meeting invitations), but, to be honest, I do not recall what exactly
that option does, neither how much the client can influence what the
server does with the meeting when it is added to the calendar.
        Bye,
        Milan