Re: [Evolution] Automatization Outlook Users migrations to Evolution

On Mon, 2017-09-25 at 07:55 -0500, Len Philpot wrote:
the 3.18.5 is truly old. There had been added some
autoconfiguration

That's the version in the *buntu repositories, from what I've seen,
nothing newer. It's what I'm running now.

        Hi,
I guess it's not related to the migration process, thus kind of
off-topic for this thread.

Is the only option for a newer version to build from source? I've
built more than a few packages over the years, but Evolution's
dependencies are fairly strong. Looks like a simple 47 step process
:-)

Is there a PPA somewhere of a more recent version?

Right, these questions come semi-regularly on this list, mostly from
Ubuntu users, and the answer is mostly the same: ask Ubuntu maintainers
and/or on Ubuntu forums (this applies generally for distro-specific
questions, not only for Ubuntu). There had been also answers about some
gnome3-staging ppa or what it was, I do not recall, I do not use
Ubuntu.

Feel free to read these two Wiki pages:
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building
https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Flatpak

The first describes why the dependency on evolution-data-server is so
tricky that "getting new Evolution" means much more than "getting only
new Evolution". The second makes things easier, but has its downsides
too (also described there).
        Bye,
        Milan