Re: [Evolution] reconnect

Am Mittwoch, den 20.09.2017, 11:57 +0200 schrieb Milan Crha:
On Wed, 2017-09-20 at 11:02 +0200, Herr Oswald wrote:
I still vote for an attempt to make evo more robust against
network losses and other incidents and provide an enhanced
reconnect
feature

You mentioned in the launchpad bug report this error message:
"Failed to lookup credentials: Failed to get password from
GOA: timeout"

It means that it's not on the evolution side, but on the GOA
(goa-daemon) side, that it does something such long that the request
made by evolution-data-server times out. Accidentally, I made some
changes in eds recently [1], which ignore this error when calling
certain function of the GOA interface. The main changes should go to
GOA, though.

Well...
IMHO it is not a good thing when a network related programme like evo
does not comfortably work with unreliable network connections. Think
about a laptop with a GSM/UMTS connection. This will (at least in
Germany) completely drop out several times an hour, and it's really
annoying if the user always has to do the reconnect manually - and in
the GOA thing even with a number of mouse clicks für several calendars.