Re: [Evolution] reconnect

Please don't start a new topic by replying to a previous email - it
mucks up the threading.

my evo 3.22.6 on ubuntu 17.04 quite often does not reconnect after
sleep. And - somehow related - when I do not log into my system
immediately after boot, the calendar will not connect to the server.

(Disclaimer - this is from vague memory, someone else with a deeper
knowledge will probably tell me I'm wrong!)

The connection/reconnect is controlled by DBUS signals (I think) and
that relies on something spotting that the network has dropped and come
back up again and initiating those signals. Usually that is
NetworkManager, but it might be different on Ubuntu.

All I know is that Evo on Fedora reliably reconnects and retrieves mail
after a sleep.

In fact, this issue persists since ubuntu 14, I brought it up in this
list at least once, and I filed a bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1687863

Over several years now I could not achieve any improvements. Allthough
it is not a crucial bug, nevertheless it's quite annoying.

Could anybody give me a hint what I could do with it?

I suspect the best thing would be to file a bug in Bugzilla:

  https://bugzilla.gnome.org

I really doubt the Evolution developers want to search all the various
distro specific forums and mailing lists and whatever in order to find
things to do.

Once you have filed a bug, please post the bug reference here so that
people who search the archives for solutions (there must be some left,
somewhere) can find out what's been done.

P.