[Evolution] reconnect

Hello friends,

my evo 3.22.6 on ubuntu 17.04 quite often does not reconnect after
sleep. And - somehow related - when I do not log into my system
immediately after boot, the calendar will not connect to the server.

In fact, this issue persists since ubuntu 14, I brought it up in this
list at least once, and I filed a bug here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/evolution/+bug/1687863

Over several years now I could not achieve any improvements. Allthough
it is not a crucial bug, nevertheless it's quite annoying.

Could anybody give me a hint what I could do with it?

Cheers,
Wolf