Re: [Evolution] Evolution stopped fetching e-mails after Linux update

On Sun, 26 Feb 2017 20:06:30 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
Calling distribution release/support cycles "outdated" because you do
not understand their concept of Long Term Support releases is no help.

You completely ignore the context, I never claimed something like this!
Please, don't spread untruth about what I was pointing out!

I very well understand different kinds of long term support. I simply
pointed out what kind of support a user could expect. This kind of very
long term support is not useful, if a user needs support for desktop
environment related apps outside of the community of this particular
very long term support distro. Any other claim is plain wrong! It could
make sense even for desktop apps, if a company prefers such a very long
term support distro, to avoid training of employees and for a few other
reasons. However, it's not much likely that upstream of those desktop
apps or user communities are from much help, if support should be
needed. Support for that old applications could be expected by the very
long term support distro's community. It becomes even more problematic,
as soon as a lot of out of tree patches are included to the software
(not only for the kernel).

Regards,
Ralf