Re: [Evolution] Evolution stopped fetching e-mails after Linux update

Hi,

just a shot in the dark, perhaps 2.32.3 changed some options and you
need to change some settings. Maybe the same or similar as described by
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2017-February/msg00147.html .

IMO any Evolution version 2.x is even for a long term support distro no
good choice. It's not related to the issue, but GNOME 2, as well as a
kernel 2.6.x are much too old, too. GNOME 2 is discontinued since a
very, very long time and upstream released the last official 2.6 kernel
in August 2011:

https://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/

Seemingly your kernel comes with a lot of patches, maybe security and
also hardware related, but I've got doubts, that it's good to stay with
such outdated software, even if it should be patched.

Such a very long long term support is bizarre:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CentOS#End-of-support_schedule

Assuming you should need to replace borked hardware, you might run into
serious issues.

A few days ago I replaced my 9 years old mobo and CPU by something
newer. Apart from a rolling release and the latest Ubuntu LTS I've got
two "vintage" Linux installs on this machine. For those "vintage"
installs, there seems to be no chance to get the graphics working with
the wanted resolution and a reasonable vertical refresh frequency. It
might be possible to get the network working, but by default it doesn't
work.

I'm _not_ speaking for any software developers or the Linux community,
but I guess that not many developers and most people from most Linux
communities are willing and/or able to help you with something that
outdated. Consider to also send a request to a community used to this
unusual long long term support distro, https://www.centos.org/ .

Regards,
Ralf